04 Aug 5 Hot Window Treatment Trends for 2015
Like anything else in interior design, window treatments are subject to an ever-evolving list of trends: styles that are considered fashionable, and those that are dubbed passé.
If you’re thinking about installing new window treatments in your home, consider choosing from one of these popular window treatment trends for an updated, of-the-moment look.
- Bold Roman Shades. Roman shades have become increasingly popular over the last few years for their clean, no-frills look they provide and abundance of fabric options they’re offered in. But the latest round of Roman Shades isn’t meant to simply be a window covering: they’re a style-statement, too. Get a contemporary look by choosing Roman shades in a bold, patterned fabric that complements the rest of your decor, or by adding flourishes like embroidered monograms or geometric ribbon trim.
- The Layered Look. Why settle for just one window treatment? To downplay the utilitarian look blinds and shades can sometimes create, more and more homeowners are opting for blinds or shades paired with custom drapery. The best results pair curtains and shades (or blinds) in a consistent color palette.
- Pared-Down Simplicity. At the opposite end of the spectrum, due to the rise in minimalist, modern interior design, is a trend toward hyper-clean, pared-down window treatments like roller shades or vertical blinds, which pair perfectly with linear, simplistic surroundings.
- Organic Design. The use of blinds in natural materials like bamboo, grasses, and rattan has been on the rise for the past few years, not only because of the warm, earthy element they add to a room, but for the sustainable nature of the materials, too.
- Rich fabrics. Though linen and cotton continue to be popular choices for drapes and roman shades, richer, more luxurious fabrics are quickly gaining market share. Velvet drapery has been especially popular, but fabrics like silk, wool, and even suede have also experienced an uptick.
To see samples of all of these window treatment styles and more, schedule a complementary in-home consultation with one of our expert staff members today! We offer in-home consultations throughout New York City and the tri-state area.