08 Dec Top Window Treatment Trends for 2015
A new year means new trends, and as we approach 2015, here are some of the top window treatment trends were seeing at Shades Co.
1. Motorized shades. Homeowners are increasingly focused on integrating technology into their spaces, and motorized shades are one of the big ways to do so. There are lots of conveniences that come with motorized shades, including synching them with a timer, allowing for easier opening and closing on high windows, and the ability to control shades from almost anywhere in your home.
2. Bold prints. Geometric prints, graphic designs, and fretwork patterns have been popular for the last few years, and the trend towards pattern is going to persist for 2015. We’ve started to see more organic, natural-inspired prints, chinoiseries, and toils take hold, along with watercolor styles and florals.’
3. Floor-to-ceiling drapes. Gone are the days of hanging curtains right above a window frame. Today’s style calls for curtains hung flush with the ceiling, which draws the eye up and makes rooms appear larger.
4. Using drapes for more than just windows. Drapes can be used to highlight architectural details, or in decorative applications around the home, not just for covering windows. We love how drapes were used to frame the bed in this photo below.
5. Luxury fabrics. The right drapes can truly make a room look decadent, and more and more clients are after the luxe look. Fabrics like heavy silk ad jacquard, and plush velvet are becoming more popular choices.